The mega event of Indy 500 is back in its original scheduling place. Last year due to special situation created by Covid 19 pandemic, the even was scheduled in August. Now the mega event is back in May on Memorial Day weekend. 105th running of Indy Indianapolis will take place on Sunday May 30, 2021. Iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway will host the mega event. Sportsfeista brings you complete details of Indy 500 Live Stream Info, Schedule and Live Telecast Information of 105th Running of the Indianapolis 500.
Scott Dixon who finished on the pole will on the mission to bring his second Indy 500 win. He was able to win the prestigious event in 2008 but wasn’t able to repeat his feat after that. He has won pole position for Indy 500 for 4 times and he will start his race on Sunday from the front of the grid. The current Indy 500 race drives line up has some Indy 500 winners on the grid here are the details
|3||Juan Pablo Montoya||2|
When is Indy 500 race?
105th running of Indy 500 will take place on May 30, 2021.
Where is Indy 500 race?
105th running of Indy 500 will take place on famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
When Indy 500 race will start?
The race will start at 11:00 AM ET
How long is Indy 500 race?
The Indy 500 race is 500 miles long
How many laps will be there?
There will be 200 laps.
How many drivers will be participating?
33 drivers have qualified for the main event.
Indy 500 Live Stream Info
Indy 500 live stream will be available at NBC sports app, NBC.com, skysports
Indy 500 Live Telecast Info
Indy 500 Live telecast will be available at NBS Sports, Peacocok, Skysports
Indy 500 Schedule
|Carb Day – Final Practice||May 28, 2021||11:00 AM to 1:00 PM ET|
|Pre Race Show||May 30, 2021||09:00 AM to 11:00 AM ET|
|Race||May 30, 2021||11:00 AM to 04:00 PM|
Indy 500 Drivers Line Up for the Main Event
Scott Dixon who took the pole position will lead the pack of 33 cars. Dixon was successful in beating Colton Herta for the pole position, Tony Kanaan will accompany Dixon & Herta in the first row. Last year winner Takuma Sato will start his race from the 15th place on the grid.
Indy 500 Fact Check
- It is a 500-mile race
- Indiana Motor Speedway is the official venue for the mega event
- IMS is also known as The Brickyard due to the use of brick and asphalt
- The length of the circuit is 2.5 mile
- Drivers will complete 200 laps
- In this unique race, drivers will have to go through 200 round of the circuit counterclockwise
- Indy 500 is a part of Triple Crown of Motorsports
- Indy 500 is traditionally scheduled around Memorial day week
- A total number 33 will take part in the mega event
- 33 drives will be in 11 rows with 3 cars in each row
- The first Indy 500 was won by Ray Harroun
- Team Penske is the most successful team with 18 wins
- A.J. Foyt, Al Unser Sr and Rick Mears have won this race 4 times
- Last year winner Takuma Sato of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing