F1 Azerbaijan GP 2018 Quick Facts And Stats of Baku City Race. Where Mercedes Has Enjoyed the Success In Qualifying Race In First Two Editions
Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2018 will take place between 27th April to 29th April. Let us take a look at Azerbaijan GP 2018 Quick Facts And Stats. In year 2017 the rivalry between Hamilton and Vettal took a height at Baku City Circuit. As Lewis Car was intentionally hit by Sabestian Vattel. In the year 2017 Azerbaijan GP was won by Redbull. Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes came second after Ricciardo and Lance Stroll scored his maiden podium with the third position.
Click Here for: Azerbaijan GP 2018 Live Stream info
Azerbaijan GP 2018 Quick Facts:
- This is the thrid time F1 race is coming to Azerbaijan
- The first race was held in the year 2016
- Just like Monaco the race will take place on city circuit of Baku
- Inaugural race was won by champion Nico Rosberg of Mercedes
- Only 5 teams were able to score points in inaugural race year Baku City Race
- Mercedes made most points in inaugural race at Azerbaijan GP
- Mercedes 35 points in 2016 Azerbaijan GP
- Daniel Ricciardo was able to win the race despite starting from the 10th position on grid
- In 2017 edition of the race they took 28 points
- Rival Ferrari scored 30 points in inaugural race & 12 in 2017 edition
- Force Indian earned 17 points from Azerbaijan Grand Prix inaugural race
- Nico Rosberg took the pole position in 2016
- In 2017 edition both the silver arrows were the fastest in qualifying
- Hamilton took pole, followed by team mate Bottas.
- Vattel scored the fastest lap he clocked 1:43.441 in 2017.
- Lance Stroll scored his maiden podium in Azerbaijan GP
- Stroll is the third Canadian to score F1 podium
- The top speed gained on this circuit is 364.4 km/hour
F1 Grand Prix Azerbaijan Baku City Circuit:
Baku was added to F1 calendar in the year 2016. Baku is known as one of the fastest track of Formula 1. It is designed by renowned F1 architect Hermann Tilke. The inaugural race was won by Nico Rosberg of Mercedes. The 2017 edition of F1 race was very dramatic, Danile Ricciardo of Redbul won it.
•The First Race was held in 2016
•Number of Laps: 51
•Circuit Length: 6.003
•Race Distance: 306.46 km
•Lap Record: Sabestian Vattel 1:43.441 in 2017.