Chinese GP Quick Facts & Stats: Both Hamilton & Mercedes on Their Happy Hunting Ground
This year Chinese GP is scheduled from Friday, April 13 to Sunday Apri 15, 2018. The race will take place in the city of Shanghai at Shanghai International Circuit. This is the third race of the season, Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari won the first two race of season 2018. Sportsfeista brings Chinese GP Quick Facts & Stats.
Click Here: Chinese GP 2018 Live Stream Info
Shanghai International Circuit Track Information
The Shanghai International Circuit is one the best circuit for racing experience. Not only this circuit acceleration and deceleration with its turns it also offer high speed straight.
- The circuit was completed in the year 2004.
- The first race of Chinese GP was held in this circuit on the same year 2004
- It was designed renowned architect Hermann Tilke
- The circuit length was 5.451 km
- Total number of laps 56
- The distance covered during the race 305. 066 Km
Shanghai International Circuit
29/F Jiushi Towers
28 Zhongshanng Road (South)
200010 Shanghai China
Chinese GP 2018 Practice Race Highlights
How to Reach Shanghai International Circuit
- Shanghai is the only city which has two international air ports, Pudong & Hongqiao.
- Form airport to city there are various option.
- Shanghai has better public transport buses and cars are the option.
- Two metro lines are available
- Boat rides along the Huangpu River are another option
- SIC has its own Metro station
Chinese GP Quick Facts & Stats
- Chinese GP has been a happy hunting ground from Lewis Hamilton & Mercedes
Most Number of Win By Driver
- Hamilton has the most number of the win in Chinese GP 5
- Lewis was the winner of 2017 Chinese Grand Prix
- Hamilton won Chinese GP in 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2017
- Out of the 5 wins of Hamilton 3 came for Mercedes and 2 for McLaren
- In current drivers, Alonso, Vettel and Raikkonen holds one win each
- The current points table leader Vettel won Chinese GP in 2009
Most Number of Wins By Constructor
- Mercedes is the most successful constructor
- Mercedes won Chinese GP 5 times
- Out of those 5 wins, 3 came from Hamilton and 2 from Nico Rosberg
- Mercedes won in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Last time Ferrari won Chinese Grand Prix in 2013, the driver was Alonso
- Ferrari won Chinese GP 4 times
Chinese GP 2017 Results
- Hamilton was the pole sitter of 2017
- Lewis went on to win the race
- Fastest lap in Chinese GP also belongs to Hamilton with the timings of 1:35.378
- Sebastian Vettel was second
- Max Verstappen was thrid
Chinese GP 2018 Weather & Other Attraction
On Sunday April 15 one the largest cities of world and Chinese financial capital Shanghai welcomes you for thrilling formula 1 action. It will be a pleasant weather through out the weekend with expected temperature between 11 degree to 30 degree Celsius.
PC: F1 Steven Tee/LAT Photographic
Shanghai Place to Visit
Shanghai is one the most wealthiest place in China, it boast of its supreme architecture. Some the most sought after tourist spots are
- Antiques Market in Dongtai Lu
- The Shanghai Museum
- The original HSBC Bank from 1865
- The Shanghai Exhibition Centre
- Confucian Temple