Abu Dhabi GP Quick Facts & Stats: Catch Some Interesting Facts & Stats About Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Abu Dhabi GP F1 racing event takes place at Yas Marina circuit. The Yas Marina Circuit is known to host the F1 season finale. It is located at beautiful Yas Island which is popular tourist destination in UAE. Hermann Tilke, the renowned German engineer has designed Yas Marina track. The first race was organized here was in year 2009. And 4 time world champion German Driver Sebastian Vettel won the inaugural race here. Sportsfeista brings you Abu Dhabi GP Quick Facts & Stats.
— Yas Island جزيرة ياس (@yasisland) August 3, 2020
About Yas Marina Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit is located in beautiful Yas Island and easily accessible. It has an airport near by which makes it super easy to get here. The total travel time from Abu Dhabi International Airport to Yas Marina Circuit is just 30 minutes. Spectators gets blown away by the beautiful Yas Island.
- The first Grand Prix at Yas Marina Bay circuit took place in 2009.
- Inaugural Race won by Sebastian Vettel
- The circuit length is of 5.554 km
- Number of laps in the race is 55
- Drivers will cover a total distance of 305.355 km
- Number of corners 21
- The longest straight is of 1.2 km
- But then drivers would have to go through with lots slow speed corners
- The lap record is currently being held by Lewis Hamilton 1:39.283 (2019)
Abu Dhabi GP is one those races which are held under the lights making the temperature more comfortable. The Yas Marina circuit is very challenging for drivers as it offers both the things tricky corners and a long straight where drivers can remain on full throttle for long.
All roads lead to #AbuDhabiGP 🙌
— Yas Marina Circuit (@ymcofficial) December 10, 2020
Recommended Read: F1 Abu Dhabi GP 2020 Tyre Choice & Weather Forecast
Abu Dhabi GP Stats
Here are some of the stats of Abu Dhabi GP
- The most successful driver so far is Lewis Hamilton
- Hamilton currently have 5 wins to his credit
- Lewis won Abu Dhabi GP in 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 & 2019.
- The second most successful driver here is inaugural race winner Sebastian Vettel
- He has won Abu Dhabi GP in 2009, 2010 & 2013
- Mercedes is the most successful constructor in Abu Dhabi
- They have 6 wins to their credit
- Mercedes won here in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
What Yas Island Has to offer
Yas Island has something for all, it is designed electric experience. Adventure sports, theme park, sporting events, live concerts, water world there is plenty to enjoy here. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is know for its fastest rollercoaster rides. It offers wide varieties of modern entertainment with picturesque locations. It is very easily commutable and well connected. The nearest airports are Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai International AirPort. Taxis and Buses are inexpensive and easily available.
— Yas Island جزيرة ياس (@yasisland) November 26, 2020
Yas Island has a time zone of GMT+4. Abu Dhabi GP usually get organized in November or December and spectators get very cozy weather with the average temperature of 25°C. You can explore the beautiful Yas Island on bike. It has bike share system where tourist can take bike for rent from bike share station, one day, three day and membership packages are available. The good thing is bike share service operates 24/7.